I had my cousins wedding to attend this weekend and I haven’t been particularly thrilled with what I’ve worn to the last few weddings. One was entirely my own fault, as I traveled 8 hours to my home town, only to find out I’d left my dress in Melbourne!
This time, I intentionally bought new jewellery and was so excited to finally wear a beautiful skirt I’ve been saving for a special occasion. Of course I had to co-ordinate my makeup! One thing about having new lipsticks, is now I have so many choices!
Eventually I decided on a dramatic eye, with understated lips. This is a much dressier look than I am used to.
- As always I started with the Gressa Mimimalist Foundation in 3.5 to conceal under my eyes. I buffed it in with the Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques.
- I applied my mineral foundation with the Bdellium 957. I wanted my skin to look as clean as possible, so I used 3 thin layers and continued it all the way down my neck.
- I always fill in my eyebrows, but this time I applied them darker and did not brush them out too much with the Real Techniques Lash Brow Groomer.
- I decided to do my eyes first. Firstly, I applied a light wash of the Sheer Design Mineral Eyeshadow in Soft Nude with the Bdellium 777 all over my mobile lid. I pressed a slightly deeper, taupe shade into my outer corners and blended them together with the Bdellium 783.
- To start the winged eyeliner, I mixed a little water with my own black mineral eyeshadow. I used the Bdellium 762 and very carefully drew a line on my lash line, to fill in any gaps between my lashes. I then started the outer wing, tracing a light line out and up. I traced a line a very thin line, all the way from the inner corner, along my upper lashes, joining it up with the outer wing.
- To intensify the eyeliner, I used the Pacifica Natural Eye Pencil in Jet Black.
- I buffed a little extra foundation under my eye and up along the wing to clean up underneath.
- I had to take extra care with my eyelash curler to not ruin the eyeliner. I still added a little extra of the eye pencil after I applied the Ere Perez Natural Almond Oil Mascara because I felt it had lost its intensity. I put a tiny bit of mascara on my lower lashes as well.
- Once I was happy with my eyeliner (if only applying it was as quick as reading this!), I I applied the Pure Rice Powder Blush in Bronzer Tones and My Blush very lightly. I picked up some pink from the Ginger Splash compact and popped it high on my cheeks.
- I used the gold from the same compact to highlight my cheek bones and added a little to the inner corners of my eyes.
- Finally I used the Ilia Lipstick crayon in Iko Iko to line my lips and feather it inwards slightly. I went over the top with Come Undone, making sure to stay away from my cupids bow.
- Gressa Minimalist Foundation in 3.5
- Sheer Design Mineral Eyeshadow in Soft Nude
- Ere Perez Natural Almond Oil Mascara
- Pacifica Natural Eye Pencil in Jet Black
- Ere Perez Pure Rice Powder Blush in Bronzer Tones
- Ere Perez Pure Rice Powder Blush in My Blush
- Baked Mineral Blush Collage in Ginger Splash
- Ilia Lipstick Crayon in Iko Iko and Come Undone
- Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques
- Lash Brow Groomer by Real Techniques
- Bdellium 957 Precision Kabuki
- Bdellium 762 Small Angle
- Bdellium 942 Slanted Contour
- Bdellium 945 Contour
- Bdellium 783 Small Tapered Blending
- Bdellium 777 Shadow
- Shiseido eyelash curler
I hope you like the finished look (complete with jewellery).